Rogue Echoes [5]: The Plagiarism Hangover

Yesterday was a difficult day for me. If you happen to be one of my facebook friends then you could have saw how I ranted a f...







Yesterday was a difficult day for me.


If you happen to be one of my facebook friends then you could have saw how I ranted a full blown essay on my timeline. But if you're not then here is my status:




I really dont know what went into my mind and I just explored google. I put the name of my first story 'Way Back Into Love' and added a key word 'Dela Riva', the surname of my protagonist in the story.
And it showed some results from WATTPAD with a story Way Back Into Love under the screen name of SINISTERBLADE15. Well, I do have an account on wattpad but my name is my usual alias 'ROGUE MERCADO'. Out of curiosity, I opened the link and it showed the preview of the story...

"This story follows the life of Sean Dela Riva a nerd and reserved openly gay who is torn between his long time partner Lance Saavedra and bestfriend Ethan Antonio. The story tackles homosexual romance, music and psychology."

I felt empty upon reading the preview of the said story. I still gave it the benefit of the doubt. I still said to myself that maybe its just 'coincidence'. So I scanned the story... and to my dismay, this SINISTERBLADE15 indeed PLAGIARIZED my story. He replaced the name of my protagonists from Adrian Jude Dela Riva to Sean Alexander Dela Riva, Jake Marcos (Lance Saavedra) and Red Antonio (Ethan Antonio).

First of all, I always tell to everyone and proclaim that I am no PRO-writer, I commit grammar flaws, I dont edit typo errors always, punctuation marks are my enemies and I do have a lot more to learn. I find it some what funny or should I say humbling that this SINISTERBLADE15 blatantly copied my story when there were far more beautifully-created masterpieces in the cyberspace.

Currently, 'HIS WAY BACK INTO LOVE' got almost 2000 views, 74 Votes and 48 comments. And I dont really know if I will give him a standing ovation or a slap in the face for that.

But what pissed me is his way of interacting to his readers... An example of his remark would be:

"So guyz eto na po ung finale... Im proud of it... Thank u sa inyong lahat... dahil 1K reads na ang story na toh..."

And you know whats more infuriating? I released two teasers of my upcoming stories.. Project Popular and Way Back Into Love 2, and again this SINISTERBLADE15 copied the teasers and change the name of my newest protagonists. And quoting what he said on Way Back Into Love 2:

"Ginagawan ko kasi siya ng plot... Hahaha :D Minsan writer's block ako. Kaya by October ko pa siya ccmulan..mejo bc n kxe sa school. niweys.. magiiba po ang mga characters dito..its not Sean Alex anymore...c Jazz na ang papalit (ung batang mahilig kay Snow White)"

Eh pano niyan kung hindi ko na kaya siya isulat? Marerelease niya kaya yan sa October kuno?. Nakakaloka!

On top of that, I tried to post Way Back on my own wattpad account but Wattpad is preventing me to complete the posting because of copy right issue. Kaya naman pala...

I dunno if Im over reacting. But I cant help but feel bad about someone deceiving people by using and claiming my work. As I was saying, Im no Pro and my works are not Rowling-quality but to someone who spent some nights thinking and plotting a story, I believe I have every right to dispute this because this is MINE. I wrote Way Back Into Love and I am ROGUE MERCADO.

Link of his wattpad account: http://www.wattpad.com/story/3260616-way-back-into-love-yaoi-boyxboy-tagalog

My blog: http://roguemercado.blogspot.com/p/story-previews.html

Where else can you find Way Back Into Love?:

1.) http://michaelsshadesofblue.blogspot.com/2012/11/way-back-into-love-final-chapter-and.html

2.) http://darkkenstories.blogspot.com/2012/11/way-back-into-love-final-chapter_19.html

3.)http://www.bioutloud.net/


















But I am very happy that Wattpad was able to reply and take the actions needed. Here is the result:









Guys, I always reiterate that I am NOT the best writer in town but Id rather write a crap than copy someone's work just to gain readers. To SINISTERBLADE15, I understand your hunger to write something awesome but it cant be done by copy-paste, its hardwork. Huwag kang magpa-alipin kay Tito Sotto, unang una sa lahat may utak ka at hindi ka xerox machine.


On the brighter side, fear not, Im still willing to write and continue TAC and my future stories but I just have one favor, if you saw the same case like this please approach me immediately, Im just one tweet/PM/email away. Alam niyo yan. And Im really happy that Way Back Into Love Book II won the poll! Excited :D


You Might Also Like

4 Violent Reactions!

  1. we can't put all the blame to them rogue. and ganda kasi ng mga story mo hehehe, (heh I'm not blaming you ha) Can't help pero mainis sa mga taong walang magandang magawa, kinopya na nga inangkin pa. God why do people like them exist. Don't worry dude I'll tell you if I find stories that has the same plot and story line. I know every detail of your story so I know who's fake and who's genuine.

    For all your work of art rogue thanks and keep on writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the nerve! susme. kuya rogue, isa Lang ang ibig sabihin neto, alam na kung sino ang susunod na ipapatumba! chos!
    pero by the way, u can't blame him kuya. part of me is trying to make a printed copy of that story. ang ganda din naman kasi. pero of course, I won't claim it kagaya ng ginawa ni koya. plus, i'll ask you pa kung ok lang na ganun. hahaha.
    hmm, enough na nga. so kuya rogue, next chapter? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmm.... what can you say. with just your first work plagiarized worthy na cya agad :)) kakaloka!! :))

    this comes to show na magaling ka :D

    mej di mo rin masisis si plagiarizer din but still... we all know that it is wrong to claim somebody's work so he could get all the credit and attention. Actually, Im kind of impressed that you are still able to keep yourself composed despite of this. I know na mej nakakasteess or nakakadiscourage ang pagplagiarize sa mga writers, but you were able to take this calmly as possible.

    so Rogue.... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! :3 and don't let "them" get the best of you :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was january this year nung basahin ko ung plagiarized version ng WBIL..then suddenly, deleted na ung story..di ko na sa mahagilap sa wattpad.com..

    at dahil nabtin ako, hinagilap ko xa at napadpad sa http://michaelsshadesofblue.blogspot.com

    at dun tapos ko na xang basahin...it felt like im obliged to appreciate and feel honored upon reading the last chap and the epilogue! sobrang attached pa ako sa characters ni Adrian, Jude and Rico as well as Red, Jake and Sabrina! the theme might be difficult for anyone na hindi field ang psychology but ang pagkakalahad ng bawat eksena was brilliant...

    in deepest humility, i thank you for this inspiring work of art...

    ReplyDelete

Say anything you want! Rogue Mercado doesnt bite! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr Images