Rogue Echoes [2] : Stories from a storyteller

Rogue Mercado can write in English. The above mentioned statement is a worthless introduction for Rogue Echoes II, anoth...







Rogue Mercado can write in English.




The above mentioned statement is a worthless introduction for Rogue Echoes II, another full blown author’s note. Random thoughts like that always pop out whenever I sat on my work station and unable to write or create something out of my decaying mind toxicated by Marlboro Black or coffee or Sting Energy Drink.



I have pending writings that are aching to be written. I know it has been a Jurassic Era since my last update was made for Accidental Crossdresser and some might be wondering what happened next after Lester Saavedra caught his long lost brother sister in their parents’ bedroom.



I miss the times when I write and it just flows like a river. A sentence turns into paragraph and multiplies into several more paragraphs and before I knew it, I have already finished a single chapter ready for posting.  I miss the times when I write Way Back Into Love with no expectations of anything because I feel that Im the storyteller telling  the story of Adrian Dela Riva who was inflicted by MPD and how his life turned upside down when he changed into his alter ego, Jude Dela Riva. Those days, I dont care if nobody listens or nobody reads. I just want to write and be a storyteller myself.  I just want to tell everyone with my initial 100+ audience that fairytales do exist and we create our own happy endings.




But today, it seems so vague. I always find myself staring at the vast blank document. Other says its what you call ‘writer’s block’ and its the same evil that I could blame why Accidental Crossdresser is still stuck in Chapter 5.




However, because of overthinking which is one of my disorders. I believe writer’s block is not just the problem. Sometimes, I think I have writer’s block because I choose to have one. Or sometimes Im just lazy to update and rename my laziness as writer’s block. Or maybe I am confronted with the harsh reality that Im losing confidence on what I am doing and I am slowly trashing that passion that sparked me to write again after I read Sir Mike Juha’s Kuya Kong Crush ng Bayan, Dane Aguilar’s Intertwined and Dark Ken’s Minahal ni Bestfriend.




And so to prove to myself that I am not putting that passion or drive to trash, I decided to write. Not my on going story but the stories that are popping out of my head that can be my story or your story or could be everyone’s story.




I tell you the story of Charles Darwin, the father of the Evolution Theory who gave up medical career to pursue what he believes in. His father told him that he cares for nothing but shooting dogs and rat catching. Presently, his studies are the foundation of human taxonomy.




I tell you the story of Colonel Sanders, a then 64 year old retiree whose chicken recipe was rejected thousand times by restaurants who refuse to buy the idea of his finger lickin kickin good wrapped with 7 spices and herbs until he found one restaurant who accepts it and the rest was KFC history.




I tell you the story of  Elvis Presley, the messiah of Rock and Roll who was fired by Jimmy Denny manager of Grand Ole Opry after one performance. He said that Elvis wont go nowhere and would be a better truck driver.




I tell you the story of Walt Disney, the creator of Mickey Mouse who was fired by a newspaper editor for his lack of ideas. Disney also went bankrupt several times before Disneyland rise into reality.




On top of that, I tell you the story of an admired writer, J.K. Rowling. But before sharing her story, I need to admit first that I didn’t read the whole series of Harry Potter but that wont stop me from admiring a woman who coined the term Muggles and invented spells casted by Daniel Radcliffe. I tell her story because its the closest in my heart. That J.K. Rowling was once a depressed single, penniless mother whose Harry Potter book was rejected by countless publishers. Now, his created character with dorky eyeglasses are  not just only best selling novels but was also channeled into a theme park, action figures and block buster movies.




But there are more stories that resembles like echoes that should be told at this space I alotted for them. Because today is a now or never situation for a dying will to write.




I tell you the story of Jeter, a loud gay whose dream is to become an androgynous model. I witnessed him during our University days how he stand up for his fashion sense no matter how our bully classmates mock his style. He is graduating right now and I know to myself that I will see him one day in the news walking in the glamorous runways of Paris or in the glossy pages of Vogue doing his own couture. I believe in him because I have seen him believing himself.




I tell you the story of Clyde, a similar loud gay who is a self admitted loquacious. I remember him always coming late in our class and a teacher one day said to him that he is like an empty can, capable of making senseless noise. Today, I read on his wallpost on facebook that he bagged a silver medal in National Competitions in Masining na Pagkukwento. I know that he has a long way to go and I hope to see him grace the colorful world of showbusiness one day. I swear he will make a good actor.




I tell you the story of  Allan, a transgender friend who always went home a loser in every gay beauty pageant until one day that she broke me the good news that she won Miss Congeniality award in her recent beauty tilt. I could feel the happiness in her messages and I know that one day she will be a title holder.




I tell you the story of Ryan, an officemate who initially works at Jollibee before becoming a CSR and was being teased that he cant make it because of his bad acne. He told me he was successfully employed then because of his confidence. And staring at him now, I know that what you feel about yourself inside would definitely reflect outside. He reminds me that law of attraction is real.




So why I am telling you this? Its not because I experienced a very epic soap opera failure, the kind of babangon-ako-at-dudurugin kita type or I am being a full time Ambassador of Motivation. I am telling this to somehow remind myself, that its not countless comments and praises that makes a storyteller a storyteller. Its the continuous pursue on his goal that somewhere out there, there will be at least one person who’s life will be changed after hearing a story from the metaphoric tongue of a frustrated storyteller. And to never give up on this goal, amidst basher continues bashing and sending hate emails or stories seems unread and hanging on the internet as a dull, lifeless blog post. And because there are unlimited stories that could remind me of people who never gave up on that particular goal and by that I should do the same thing.




Finally, I tell you the story of a weirdo, sentimental and king of exaggerations, Rogue Mercado who inhabited the University’s Official School Publication for 3 years as a correspondent but didnt had any chance to publish at least one article because its always rejected by the Editor in Chief and lost bigtime when he competed in a prestigous Essay Competition. But he swears to God, that he wont stop writing and will be pledging as a storyteller for the rest of his life.




So these are my echoes for today and before I forgot, Yes.




Rogue Mercado can write in English (with spices of typos and grammatical errors) and does believe that being a writer is not just about knowing how to write a specific language. Its being able to influence and inspire other people. If you have a heart to serve and a strong mind to show people then you can be.....




Rogue Mercado, 19, Villain of his own life.






PS: Will be updating TAC before the year ends so I hope you stay tuned :))









You Might Also Like

6 Violent Reactions!

  1. Now, that was inspiring. God bless and Merry Christmas!

    P.S.- been reading your stories from Moks and Adrian to the brilliant crossdresser. I wanna hear more, mr. Storyteller :-P

    -Nebilim

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're a great storyteller. always believe in yourself. i hope you continue writing because i, myself is motivated to write because i admire your work and hope that someday i may be able to create a good story that will influence someone else's life like what your work WBIL did to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Kung totoo tlga yan thank you! Hehe. I never thougt that this wud bring an impact to your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Rogue! Lakas maka janine tugonon ng ending ah. Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jeck!!


    Napapadalas ka ata dito :))

    Thank You so much and I hope you stay tuned for more :)

    ReplyDelete

Say anything you want! Rogue Mercado doesnt bite! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr Images